Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Crustaceans Beverly Hill


Populating a swank Vietnamese Beverly Hills joint with a fun-loving lawyers from all over the world, including those from big movie studios and CEs.

The night was young, and the table was definitely overflowing with Pho.

"Beware, culinary spies, thanks to the Secret Kitchen, the An Family's recipes are well protected!

The Secret Kitchen is a fascinating element of Helene An's culinary legacy and the An Family success story. The Secret Kitchen is a completely enclosed kitchen within the main kitchen, off limits to all employees except An Family members. Here, Chef Helene and the Ans prepare their secret family recipes: An's Famous Roasted Crab and Garlic Noodles. These dishes are the key to the restaurants' success.

As explained by Helene, "We left Vietnam with nothing. I had neither property nor personal wealth to pass along to my girls. When I realized that my restaurant was going to succeed, thanks to my family's recipes, I knew that I must protect their integrity." In much the same way that Coca-Cola® company stowed their recipes for Coke® in a vault, the An Family Secret Kitchen was created. In short, her culinary legacy is her daughter's inheritance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home